– Flared is a simple Addon for Blender 2.81 (or higher).
– Originally there was no support for Cycles. In October 2020 we have released Flared 1.6.7, which is able to work easily on scenes made in Cycles too. Check this video to understand how it works.
– It’s based on 3D elements and procedural textures, so it’s resolution-independent.
– It is completely real-time, as it adds to your scene the 3D elements that compose the flare.
– It’s very easy to use: select a camera, select a light source (or more sources), add a flare, play with its sliders.
– It’s not screen space-based, so it works also when the source is out of the screen space.
– There is no physical base in Flared: it doesn’t simulate real light or lenses. It is an artistic instrument to add drama and cinematic effects to your renders and animations.
– It has 9 templates with different characteristics. We add new templates as soon as we can.
– For each template you have different sliders; you can adjust the dimension and the emission values of the different elements that compose the flare, and the number of elements too.
– Each flare needs to have at least a camera and a light source (the light source could be an object or a light).