– Flared is a simple Addon for Blender 2.81 (or higher).
– It works directly in Eevee, but there’s a trick that can be helpful to have it in Cycles too (watch the video here).
– It’s based on 3D elements and procedural textures, so it’s resolution-independent.
– It is completely real-time, as it adds to your scene the 3D elements that compose the flare.
– It’s very easy to use: select a camera, select a light source (or more sources), add a flare, play with its sliders.
– It’s not screen space-based, so it works also when the source is out of the screen space.
– There is no physical base in Flared: it doesn’t simulate real light or lenses. It is an artistic instrument to add drama and cinematic effect to your renders and animations.
– It has 8 templates with different characteristics. We add new templates as soon as we can.
– For each template you have different sliders; you can adjust the dimension and the emission values of the different elements that compose the flare, and the number of elements too.
– Each flare needs to have at least a camera and a light source (the light source could be an object or a light).
– We perform tests only on stable versions of Blender. Don’t use it on beta, alpha, or other branches.