THE COMPLETE LENS FLARE SOLUTION FOR BLENDER
Simple easy to use add-ons. Add your lens flares with a few clicks in Blender and fine tune them with the visual controls.
As easy as powerful.
As easy as powerful.
Flared (Standard and XT) is an add-on for Blender that generates lens flares. It is based on 3D elements and procedural textures, so it’s resolution independent. It is completely real time: you can see the flares in the viewport and you don’t need to use the compositor. Flared is not screen space based, so it works also when the light sources are out of the screen space. You can create as much flares as you want, there’s no limit (it depends only on your hardware). Lens flares work both with Eevee and Cycles.
Glared is a new add-on designed to work in the viewport, thanks to the integrated realtime compositor in Blender 3.5 and later versions. Unlike Flared, Glared is not able to generate lens flares, but it can produce interesting light effects based on the scene you are working on. It allows you to generate Glows, Ghosts, Streaks, Vignette FX, Sharpen FX, Chromatic Aberration FX in real-time. Glared can work both on its own and integrated with Flared (in this way it allows you to achieve stunning results).
Flared Standard Launch Video
Flared XT Launch Video
Glared Pre-Launch Video
FLARED ST AND FLARED XT COMPARISON
|Flared (standard)||Flared XT (extended)|
|Real-time in Viewport||✓||✓|
|Automatic Obstacle Detection||✓||✓|
|Advanced Render Options||✓||✓|
|Save Your Own Presets||✓||✓|
|Multi Camera Support||✓||✓|
|Infinite Flares Generation||✓||✓|
|Integration with Glared||✓||✓|
|9 Default Templates||✓||✓|
|10 Extended Templates||Flared XT only||✓|
|Compatibility||Blender 2.9x and higher||Blender 3.2 and higher|
THE TEMPLATES OF FLARED
Here are shown the 10 extended templates of lens flares that you will find in Flared XT (extended) only. To watch them in action take a look at the VIDEO section of this site. There you will find all the news too.
Here are shown the 9 default templates of lens flares that you will find both in Flared (standard) and Flared XT (extended).
Blender demo scenes credits:
by Alessandro Chiffi – ONdata Studio
Tree Creature and Wanderer
designed and created by Daniel Bystedt
Blender Splashscreen by Blender Studio
Blender Splashscreen by Oksana Dobrovolska
The Junk Shop by Alex Treviño
Original Concept by Anaïs Maamar
Other Blender scenes from this page
Video footage by Pixabay
Pictures by Pexels
FLARED IN DEEP
– Flared (Standard or XT) is an add-on for Blender 2.9x (or higher). The new templates that come with Flared XT work in 3.2 and higher.
– It works both in Eevee and Cycles.
– It’s based on 3D elements and procedural textures, so it’s resolution-independent.
– It is completely real-time: you can see the lens flares directly in the viewport of Blender, without the need to use the compositor. Please, note that in Eevee it’s easier to have a real-time viewport. In Cycles it can be slower, depending on your system.
– It’s very easy to use: select a camera, select a light source (or more sources), add a flare, and play with its sliders.
– It’s not screen-space based, so it works also when the source is out of the screen space.
– There is no physical base in Flared: it doesn’t simulate real light or lenses. It is an artistic instrument to add drama and cinematic effects to your renders and animations.
– You can use keyframes on each slider, to animate all the properties of your lens flares.
– For each template you have different sliders; you can adjust the dimension and the emission values of the different elements that compose the lens flare, the color, and the number of elements too.
– There is a parameter to control the distances: in this way, the more the lens flares are near to the camera, the more they get brighter.
– Each lens flare needs to have at least a camera and a light source (the light source could be an object or a light).
– We perform tests only on stable versions of Blender. Don’t use it on beta, alpha, or other branches.
– You can create as many lens flares as you want (the limit depends on your hardware).
– In Flared 1.9.4 we have implemented a function to auto-detect objects between the camera and the light source, fading in and fading out the lens flares when needed. Check this video.
– As the lens flares are generated by objects put in the space in front of the camera, in some scenes with low scale or with subjects near to the camera, you can have glitches and other interpenetrating issues. There is no way to fix this. There is some workaround to try, but sometimes they work, sometimes not.
– We try to give our customers all the assistance that we can provide because we care about their problems. And, in the 2 years of the life of Flared, customers gave us a lot of suggestions about how to improve it. A lot of fixes and features come from them. Thank you!
Please, check the FAQ section on Blendermarket for further information about Flared – Lens Flares add-on for Blender.
HOW IS A FLARE(D) MADE?
Each lens flare has Glow, Streaks, Sun Beams, Global Color, Ghosts, Hoop, Lens Dirt, Occlusion and Distance Control. They have different behaviours depending on the selected template. You can modify all the parameters using visual sliders in the viewport of Blender and you can make animations, by keyframing the different values of the flares.
This lens flare add-on for Blender gives you the ability to create as many lens flares as you need in your scene.
GLARED IN DEEP
– Glared is a useful add-on for generating the light effects present in many film shots (such as Glow, Ghosts, and Streaks) using the scene you are working on as a starting point.
– It can be used in real-time on the 3D scene or on photos or videos.
– There is a Threshold value that determines which values to use to activate Glared’s filters.
– In addition, Glared creates Chromatic Aberration, Vignette, and Sharpening effects.
– All of Glared’s parameters can be animated using Keyframes.
– Glared is based on a Nodegroup that is added to the compositor. If a nodal system is already present, Glared can be automatically inserted at the end of it or replace the pre-existing nodal system. The choice is made by the user.
– Glared is a stand-alone add-on and can also work without its older brother, Flared (which is used to create Lens Flares).
– Glared and Flared can integrate, if you own both, within the Flared’s graphic interface for greater ease of use.
– Glared is young and is making its first appearance. Therefore, there may be anomalous behaviors or situations that need to be refined at the programming level. For this reason, we ask you to interact with us and give us your feedback or ask for help when you are having difficulty. We will try to solve any problem in order to make the add-on better and better.
– With the experience gained in three years with Flared, we have understood how useful an efficient customer service is and how useful your experience is to increase the functionality of an add-on. We hope to repeat the experience already made with Flared and build another powerful and easy-to-use add-on that meets your positive opinion.
Splash Screen Blender 3.3 LTS – Scanlands by Piotr Krynski
Girl On The beach – Pexels.com by Cottonbro Studio
Agent 327 Barbershop by Blender Demo File Page
Lone Monk by Carlo Bergonzini / Monorender
Splash Screen Blender 3.4 by Blender Studio
Splash Screen Blender 2.83 – PartyTug by Ian Hubert
Glared Technical Specs
|Real-time in Viewport||✓|
|Automatic Obstacle Detection||✓|
|Integration with Flared (ST and XT)||✓|
|Save Your Own Presets||✓|
|Generate Light Glows||✓|
|Generate Light Streaks||✓|
|Generate Light Ghosts||✓|
|Generate Vignette FX||✓|
|Set Sharpening Level||✓|
|Generate Purple Finge FX||✓|
|Generate Chromatic Aberration FX||✓|
|Compatibility||Blender 3.5 and higher|
Buying now you’ll have the latest version of Flared ST or XT and Glared 1.x for free.
And you will receive for free each new update that will be developed for Flared 1.x. (ST and XT) and Glared 1.x.
Check the requirements below and don’t miss out on this unique promotion we have designed for the launch of Glared!
This promotion will only be valid during the first few days of the Glared launch. After that, Glared can be purchased from stores at the regular price. Take advantage of it today!
You can buy Flared on BlenderMarket
You can buy Flared on Gumroad
All users who purchase a copy of Flared (Standard or XT) by Wednesday, April 12th, will receive a coupon to redeem Glared for free. From April 13th onwards, Glared will only be available as a standalone add-on on Blendermarket and Gumroad.
Buyers who possess a valid copy of Flared (Standard or XT) purchased within the specified timeframe will receive a private message through the store where they made the purchase with instructions for redeeming Glared for free.
★★★★★ Works great. If you are using it in cycles be sure to watch the authors tutorial on how to do that.
It’s not intuitive, but one you see how to do it, it is very easy. Great addon!
★★★★★ Easy to use and nice result. Great.
★★★★★ Oh wow. This is really nice, and will keep me from having to go into my other video editor, I’m really trying to do everything in Blender, and this is super simple to set up, there is a lot of variety, you can use multiple flares, so you can get a lot of interaction of your light sources, I even appreciate the focal length control isn’t called something else :) I’m very impressed.
★★★★★ The last flare addons you’ll ever use! It’s the best one out there, with great, and fast, customer support!
★★★★★ Though I am just starting to work with the Flared add-on, I am impressed so far. It is a great time-saver, and, as others have indicated, it is fun. An easy recommendation to make.
★★★★ Good job !
★★★★★ Love it! much quicker and fun than using a glare node or post processing in after effects!
Glared Launch Promo!
Lens Flare Realtime FX – New Feature
Lens Flare Automatic Obstacle Detection
Flared XT Extended – 10 brand new templates
Lens Flare Advanced Render Control
Suggestions for rendering Lens Flares in Cycles
Flared 1.8: Native Cycles Render
Flared direct render in Cycles
New Flared 1.7 Beta introduces the distances control
Add a lens flare to a picture in Blender
We are two friends. We met years ago, both working with Blender on their own projects. At the beginning of 2019, we had the intuition that with Eevee it was possible to finally realize high-level effects, in real-time, without the compositor.
So we started working at FLARED, day and night. We put all our technical and creative skills into it. We hope you enjoy the add-on and give us the opportunity to continue working on it. There are many ideas for improving it.
Please, use this form for information requests only. If you have already purchased Flared and need support, use the messaging system of the shop in which you’ve made the purchase. This will help us in keeping track of your messages and confirm which version of Flared you own. Thank you for understanding!
Follow Us On Social Media
We will update them with the latest news