– Flared (Standard or XT) is an add-on for Blender 2.9x (or higher). The new templates that come with Flared XT work in 3.2 and higher.
– It works both in Eevee and Cycles.
– It’s based on 3D elements and procedural textures, so it’s resolution-independent.
– It is completely real-time: you can see the lens flares directly in the viewport of Blender, without the need to use the compositor. Please, note that in Eevee it’s easier to have a real-time viewport. In Cycles it can be slower, depending on your system.
– It’s very easy to use: select a camera, select a light source (or more sources), add a flare, and play with its sliders.
– It’s not screen-space based, so it works also when the source is out of the screen space.
– There is no physical base in Flared: it doesn’t simulate real light or lenses. It is an artistic instrument to add drama and cinematic effects to your renders and animations.
– You can use keyframes on each slider, to animate all the properties of your lens flares.
– For each template you have different sliders; you can adjust the dimension and the emission values of the different elements that compose the lens flare, the color, and the number of elements too.