– Flared is a simple Addon for Blender 2.80.
– It works only in Eevee (no Cycles).
– It’s based on 3D elements and procedural textures, so it’s resolution independent.
– It is completely real time, as it adds to your scene the 3D elements that compose the flare.
– It’s very easy to use: select a camera, select a light (or more lights), add a flare, play with its sliders.
– It’s not screen space based, so it works also when the source is out of the screen space.
– There is no physical base in Flared: it doesn’t simulate real light or lenses. It is an artistic instrument to add drama and cinematic effect to your renders and animations.
– It has 5 templates with different characteristics (Octagonal, Sci-Fi, Rounded, Simple, Adaptive)
– It is designed to work perfectly with point lights. The “Adaptive” template lets you match a light source with rectangular shape.
– For each template you have different sliders to adjust the dimension and the emission values of the different elements that compose the flare.
– You can use keyframes on each slider, to animate your light.
– Each flare need to have at least a camera and a light source (the light source could be an object or a light).